New Media Trends in Investor Relations
Summary of the Presentation at the Cincinnati NIRI Chapter Meeting on December 11, 2013
The Cincinnati Tri-State Chapter of NIRI held its third meeting of the season on December 11, 2013. This incredible lunch took place at McCormick & Schmick’s. Darrell Heaps, CEO and Co-Founder of Q4 Web Systems, made a presentation and led a discussion about new media trends in investor relations.
Below are several key points from the presentation.
- The future is mobile
- Mobile web browsing accounted for 7% of total browsing in January 2013, as of November it had grown to 20% and is expected to exceed 50% earlier next year
- Tablet/phone will become the primary source of browsing in the future
- Website and App expectations
- Most helpful website is responsive – website is easily viewed from any device
- In-line browser – website that acts like an app
- Native apps are still important because they provide alerts to users as well as off line viewing
- Becoming more important for companies than Facebook
- Able to provide a constant stream of information
- Twitter will disclose earnings in Q1 via twitter
- This could change how companies disclose earnings
The presentation from the meeting is available at www.niri-cincinnati.com
The presentation from the meeting is available here.